Saturday, July 14, 2012

Live A Happy Life

So, it's been a while... 

Not much has happened during the past year, but one thing's for sure, I definately grew up. I am a much wiser person now, and I mean that in the sense of life lessons and such. I've learned that in life, all you meed to do is think of yourself and what makes you happy. And no, I'm not talking about love. Love is not everything, it shouldn't define a person's life and one should not build his or her life around love. There are a lot of things out there, an entire world to be exact. Go on an adventure, explore new hobbies, new places, trust me, you will never know what's out there or what you are capabale of doing unless you try. There's plenty of time to think about marriage and love and commitment.

Honestly, I've grown to despise those who think that that's the only step in their lives that they need to reach or do or whatever. I especially hate it when people are not even out of university and they're not settled enough to start a family, yet, they take on this huge responsibility to start their own family, when they're still living with their own. Some people may be forced into this, either by their parents or relatives, and I think it's the parents' fault, they should know better than to force their daughters or sons into something this big when they can't even take care of themselves. I especially hate it when the only reason behind getting married is to keep people from thinking that either one of them is not worth marriage because no one has asked for their hand or because they have reached a certain age and are still not married. The society we live in has created many sad stereotypes that unfortunately people believe in and live for. But seriously, no one can force you to do anything, not even parents. Especially when it comes to marriage, they need to understand that you're the one that's going to spend the rest of your life with that other person. In the end it's your choice to make, not theirs. 

What I meant to say was look for what makes you happy. Don't make any sacrifices for anyone, not for love. You should not settle for the next big thing, but for the best of the best. You deserve that much, I know I do. In my case, I still have many years ahead to worry about marriage, right now, I plan on focusing on what makes me happy, and do what I think is best for me. I want to be successful in my life. I want a growing business, and a life abroad, and that's what I'm working on at the moment. I don't plan on changing my long term plans or putting them on hold for marriage or love. These two things are locked away, far away, in my mind, and I plan on keeping them there for the time being and we'll see what happens I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment