Friday, July 27, 2012

Road to Happiness

I think I'm into life lessons for some reason, so I thought: why not share my latest lesson learned?

I recently met up with old friends from way back, people I haven't seen for years. I realized how much we've all grown up, how each one of us is leading a different life now, and it made me happy.

We've come a long, long way. What makes me happy is that we're moving on, we're not stuck in the past, and we all - or at least most of us - are working towards the future in the best way they see possible. Opportunities presented themselves to us and we each took the opportunity we saw best for us. Yes, I won't deny there is some regret, some 'what if' but all in all this is better than the alternative.

So, my life lesson I guess is take whatever opportunity is in front of you. No regrets. Mistakes will only teach you more valuable lessons, so why not take a risk? Do something you've never thought of before, you never know, maybe that's the thing that you will be most passionate about for the rest of your life. 

The future is important, but what's more important is the present. It's the present time that is what we have in front of us. No one can predict the future, but we can all control the present. 

If it's education, then study what you love, not what you think is good for the job market; and most importantly, don't please anyone but yourself. In the end, it's you who is going to live with your decisions for the rest of your life.

If it's work, also do what you are passionate about. If it doesn't exist, create it. If you think it's not possible, the you're wrong. It may take some time to get there, but you will get there. Have a five year plan, set a goal for each year, and eventually, you will reach all your goals. 

I'm not talking here from personal experience only, I'm saying this after seeing where everyone has been after these many years, how they've actually 'conquered' their lives and turned them into what they want. It is possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment